News & Updates
Be sure to check us out on social media!
WSSI is pleased to announce the opening of our Central Virginia office. Rebecca Napier, PE will lead our operations there; she's joined by Michael Elander, PE and Beth Silverman Sprenkle, PWS. Join us for an Open House there on March 29.
The Virginia Coastal Policy Center has recently released The 2016 Stormwater Bill: An Analysis of Perceived and Real Problems with Proposed Solutions.
John P. Mullen, Principal Archeologist for Thunderbird Archeology, a division of Wetland Studies and Solutions, Inc. was given the 2016 Outstanding Professional Archeologist award – the Ben Brenman Award – by the City of Alexandria on October 5. John was recognized for his work on the Hotel Indigo project along with Dr. George Schwarz of the Naval History and Heritage Command’s Underwater Archeology Branch and Michael Wilson of Carr City Centers, the developer of the project. The discovery and excavation of the colonial-era ship in winter 2015-2016 garnered international attention. Click here to learn more about the project.
WSSI's Energy Balance article was featured in Stormwater Magazine.
The wetlands restoration project at Huntley Meadows Park won an Environmental/ Conservation Award from the National Association of County Park and Recreation Officials (NACPRO)! Click here to read more information.
The research website for the Huntley Meadows restoration project is now up and running. Click here to explore!
- WSSI has been working with The Peterson Companies and Maryland DNR to restore bass habitat in Smoots Bay. Click here for more information.
- WSSI was featured as a "Stormwater Champion" in Water Environment Federation's Stormwater Report. Click here!
- Land and Water Magazine has a feature article on WSSI's Huntley Meadows Restoration.
- Introducing WetBud! The first water budget model that combines the best facets of all known models into a windows-based computer program that is user friendly with an instruction manual. Click here to download the software and then sign up by clicking here.
- WSSI's Central Virginia office is hosting an Open House on March 29.
- WSSI will host a seminar on the Nationwide Permits and State Program General Permit on April 20.